Sunday, August 9, 2009

To Write or Not to Write? Finally I have decided...


Aaaahhhhhhhh.. Finally it is over...
What a week that was... I am simply relieved that it is over.
And with the end of the week, ends a long pending saga... My Mid-Year performance review.
Performance Review... you know na..? Well... at least everyone in IT world is used to this terminology. Isn’t it?

In simple terms, it is a meeting where your Performance is to be reviewed against certain parameters. But often it turns out to be something else... In real terms, it is a meeting with your boss where you are humiliated and assaulted for all the Right things you did which annoyed your Boss... And believe me, they keep a good account of these small things.

Why bosses are so cruel??? Don’t they have any human feelings? I remember one of these incidences when I was in Tech Mahindra in Mumbai. Let me go in flashback as I recall... My friend and her Boss, both went in the meeting room cheerfully, as if they were going to share some girlish gossip. But what came out after a long hour of battle was a dead appraisee (My friend) and a triumphant appraiser (her Boss). Within an hour, the entire floor was flooded with my friend’s big sobs... Sadly, she left the company within few months of this incident. No more details... she might be reading this.

Well... Mine turned out to be a rather pleasant one. My Boss praised me a lot and hoped that I will continue my hard work with same spirit in future as well. Am I really that hard working and dedicated towards work...? I don’t know... May be my Boss is right this time... Why confused..? Leave it yar... Let it be Bollywood type 'Happy-Ending' to a week of hectic office work schedule. And now I am off to a ‘to-be’ pleasant weekend...

I want to enjoy my weekend to the fullest... But this bloody ‘Swine-Flu’ thing is not allowing me... After all, I am in Pune, the worst hit city in India. I wanted to roam around the city, try some new restaurants, go for some shopping (So many ‘Monsoon Sales’ waiting for me) .... But no more plans... I will have to be at home.. mostly sleeping and reading novels... Dil ke Arman Aansuo me bah gaye.. I cannot imagine myself visiting a mall or a theatre or even a nearby restaurant wearing a mask...

Today, we received a mail in our office from our Communication team, about the symptoms and Do’s/Don’ts of Swine-Flu. Since then I have been feeling like I have fever, cold and a sour throat. The only symptom which I am not at all feeling is ‘Loss of Appetite’ :-). I have been eating healthily and sometimes been accused of adding to India’s food problems. But that does not deter me... I am a certified ‘Foodie’ will continue to remain so.

So.. its decided now. This weekend , I have very limited choices. Sleep, Cook / Eat , Read Novels and watch TV.
But what to watch on TV?? Daily Soaps? Well... I am not a big fan of ‘Saas – Bahu’ serials... I loathe them... News Channels ?? Guys... Indian media is going to dogs... I can’t bear them except for some good English news channels.
Only thing remaining is Sports... yeah I am a big sports fan... ‘Ashes’ series is going on... and yeah... Football season is going to start... Watch this Sunday, My team, ‘Manchester United’ gonna play ‘Chelsea’ in FA Community Shield at New Wembley. Its a traditional curtain raiser to the new Premier League Season...

I hope Manchester United win on Sunday and I can go to office on Monday with a cheerful mood.
Only Time will tell... Till then...

Cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment